Dates of Camp: August 2020 Stay Tuned!
Prior to arrival of the campers, a one day mandatory session will be held on 8/15/2020 for the entire camp staff, speech pathologists, grad students and nurses.
Orientation for the speech-language pathologists will be held to help promote relationship building with each other, net working and will set the expectations of the program to drive a positive camper experience.
Goals and objectives of the orientation workshop:
- Incorporate strategies to assist campers in increasing fluency of speech
- Discuss the importance of self- awareness and tools on how to redirect dysfluent speech
- Provide tools on how to help increase confidence levels of campers that lack self confidence when speaking
- Deploy counseling skills to assist the campers in talking openly about feelings and attitudes related to stuttering
- Conduct a history assessment of each campers speech challenges to help influence positive change
Expectations of Speech Pathologists
- Demonstrate leadership skills to help facilitate age appropriate fun speech activities for the campers to engage in;
- Serve as a positive role model for the campers;
- Connect with each camper at his or her own pace to help drive an increase in each campers self confidence level;
- Understand each campers specific goals;
- Conduct an incoming and outgoing assessment of speech fluency levels of each camper;
- Engage campers in a fun learning atmosphere with consideration for their safety first.
How to register
Each interested Speech Pathologist must register by March 10, 2020. Please fill out the contact form on the contact us page and a registration link will be emailed to you.
Each applicant will be carefully reviewed by CWU administration. Interested Speech Pathologists will be notified of acceptance into the camp program on or before April 10, 2020.