Dates: August 18th-25th
Enrollment includes: Great camp style lodging, meals, training materials and all related activities.
Prior to arrival of the campers, a one day mandatory session for the entire camp staff, speech pathologists, grad students and nurses.
Orientation for the speech-language pathologists will be held to help promote relationship building with each other, networking and will set the expectations of the program to drive a positive camper experience.
Goals and objectives of the orientation workshop:
- Incorporate strategies to assist campers in increasing fluency of speech
- Discuss the importance of self- awareness and tools on how to redirect dysfluent speech
- Provide tools on how to help increase confidence levels of campers that lack self confidence when speaking
- Deploy counseling skills to assist the campers in talking openly about feelings and attitudes related to stuttering
Expectations of Speech Pathologists
- Demonstrate leadership skills to help facilitate age appropriate fun speech activities for the campers to engage in
- Serve as a positive role model for the campers
- Connect with each camper at his or her own pace to help drive an increase in each campers self confidence level
- Understand each campers specific goals
- Engage campers in a fun learning atmosphere with consideration for their safety first
How to register
Each interested Speech Pathologist must register by April 1, 2023.
Please fill out the contact form on the contact us page and a registration link will be emailed to you.
Each applicant will be carefully reviewed by CWU administration.
Interested Speech Pathologists will be notified of acceptance into the camp program on or before May 1, 2023.