Dates: August 18th-25th. Arrival 11:30am
Enrollment includes: Great camp style lodging, meals, training materials and all related activities.
Prior to arrival of the campers, a one day mandatory session for the entire camp staff, speech pathologists, grad students and nurses.
Orientation for the Speech-Language Pathologists will be held to help promote relationship building, networking. and set expectations for camp participation and the supervisory process.
Objectives of the orientation workshop:
- Understand the structure of the speech sessions and overall camp day
- Discuss the mission and philosophy of the camp
- Discuss expectations for camp participation/responsibilities
- Review typical camp activities and resources
- Review and discuss typical speech group activities
Expectations of Speech Pathologists
- Demonstrate leadership skills to help facilitate age appropriate fun speech activities for the campers to engage in
- Serve as a positive role model for the campers, graduate students and staff in how to interact with a person who stutters
- Promote an atmosphere of acceptance of all forms of diversity
- Assist or lead speech groups as needed
- Supervise graduate students
- Engage campers in a fun learning atmosphere with consideration for their safety first
How to register
Each interested Speech Pathologist must register by May 1, 2023.
Please fill out the contact form on the contact us page and a registration link will be emailed to you.
Each applicant will be carefully reviewed by CWU administration.
Interested Speech Pathologists will be notified of acceptance into the camp program on or before May 15, 2023.