Dates of Camp: August 2020 Stay Tuned!
Fee for Graduate Students: To be determined
Fee includes: Credit hours, great camp style lodging, meals, training materials and all related activities.
How to register
We are seeking graduate students that have a passion for working with youths and teens and are furthering their education in the area of speech fluency. Interested students must have successfully completed a college level fluency course.
Each interested Graduate Student must register by March 10, 2020. All interested students are required to complete a contact form which is located on the contact us page. After completion an application link will be emailed to you to confirm your interest.
Each application will be carefully reviewed by CWU administration. Graduate students will be notified of acceptance into the camp program on or before April 10, 2020.
Camp Words Unspoken Orientation Workshop
Prior to the arrival of the campers, a one day mandatory session will be held on 8/15/2020 for the entire camp staff, speech pathologists, graduate students and nurses.
Goals and objectives of the orientation workshop:
- To gain a solid understanding of the camp philosophy to help foster a warm friendly environment for the campers
- Encourage ideas to help strengthen the camps program
- To identify expectations of what “you” want to benefit from the camp
- To discuss hands-on strategies to assist campers in increasing fluency of speech
- To discuss strategies of how to keep the campers engaged to bring out the best in each person
- To review and understand safety requirements for the campers
Expectations of Graduate Students
- Demonstrate leadership skills to help facilitate age appropriate fun speech activities for the campers to engage in;
- Serve as a positive role model for the campers;
- Connect with each camper at his or her own pace to help drive an increase in each campers self confidence level;
- Understand each campers specific goals;
- Conduct an incoming and outgoing assessment of speech fluency levels of each camper;
- Engage campers in a fun learning atmosphere with consideration for their safety first.